Location: SE 02754 67188

Glory Mine from Above

Glory mine was worked from the 1770’s to 1842 and encompasses a number of veins including Little Glory, Old Glory, new Glory, Middle Vein, Founder, Rush Bob, South Founder, Sixty-Nine Yards and Galloper. What remains of the shaft is a small mound of rocks which may sit on top of wooden sleepers or the shaft may be completely closed. As of May 2019, no attempts have been made to open up the shaft as it is unlikely to be accessible. The most notable feature of the mine is the horse whim circle sited immediately to the North of the shaft. This whim was rebuilt in the 1960’s by the Earby Mines Research Group and is the best preserved horse whim on the moor.